- What is the UMB One Card?
- What is the UMB One Card Process?
- Where do I get the UMB One Card?
- What do I do if I lose my Card or my Card is stolen or Damaged?
- What do I do if I lose my Card and still have funds on my account?
- Where/How can I deposit money to my UMB One Card?
- What happens to the money on my UMB One Card from semester to semester?
- Can I get cash off my UMB One Card?
- What do I do if I think I have an incorrect charge on my account?
- Comments or Suggestions?
What is the UMB One Card?
The UMB One Card is the official UMB ID Card and much more. The Card provides access to many University On Campus venues: Parking, Library Services, Copy/Print Services, Vending, On-Campus Food Vendors, Athletic Center Services, Building/Door Access, Bookstore, and On-Campus Laundry.
The UMB One Card Process (Short Version)
The One Card office's main role is to produce Photo I.D.'s ,access is maintained by Public Safety ,and Parking is aquired from Parking and Transportation Services . To receive your Photo I.D. you must come to the One card office and present some form of goverment issued I.D. . The One Card staff will then take your photo and produce your Photo I.D., the whole process will take up to five mins. Please note depending on your circumstances you may or may not be in our system , if you are not in the system you must contact your supervisor or the UMB representative that you have contact with to find out if you are suppose to be placed in our system.
Where do I get the UMB One Card?
The UMB One Card office is located at 621 West Lombard St., Campus Center, Suite 002 Lower Level. ID’s issued Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm. If you have any questions or concerns, please call (410) 706-6943 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What do I do if I lose my Card or my Card is stolen or Damaged?
As soon as you realize your card is missing, we encourage you to go here to log into your account and deactivate your OneCard account. By doing this, you freeze your account until your card is either found or replaced. This feature protects you from the unlikely event someone may find your card and try to use it. If you should have to replace your OneCard your Building and Parking access will have to be reactivated on your new card by contacting Public Safety and Parking and Transportation Services.
If your card is damaged it will be up to the discretion of the One Card Office staff to determine if the damage was accidental or purposely done-i.e.(holes punched ,teeth marks in card). The replacement fee is $20.00 for purposely damaged cards.
Please visit our Office Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm to get your ID Card replaced. A replacement costs $20.00 and can be paid using cash, check or charge. If your ID is stolen, please bring a copy of your police report to waive the $20 dollar replacement fee.
- UMB One Card Office - 621 west Lombard St., Campus Center, Suite 002 Lower Level- 410-706-6943
- Mail your deposit (check only, made payable to University of Maryland, Baltimore) to Campus Center, 621 West Lombard Street, Suite 002 Lower Level, Baltimore, MD 21201 Attn: UMB One Card Office
- Additional Cash Deposit Centers are on the 1st floor in HS/HSL next to the elevators and the Thurgood Marshall Law Library - 2nd Floor School of Law
- Call the One Card Office with your credit card information during normal business hours - 8:30 - 5:00 - Monday - Friday and we can process an over the phone transaction
- Guests can deposit to your account 24 x 7
What happens to the money on my UMB One Card from semester to semester?
Money deposited to your UMB One Card account remains on your account from semester to semester . If you are officially leaving the university you can request a refund by completing the “Account Closure” form located on our website. This form must be completed in full and submitted in person to the UMB One Card office. Funds equal to $15.00 or more remaining on the account, less the $10.00 processing fee, will be reimbursed in the form of a check and sent to the address submitted on your UMB One Card Account Closure Form.
What do I do if I think I have an incorrect charge on my account?
You can log on to our UMB One Card website and click on “Deposit & Manage Your Account”. Follow the directions to access your transactions and print out a list of all your transactions. If you still have a question about your account, please contact the UMB One Card office at (410)706-6943 or 6-MYID, or send an email to email@example.com.
Comments or Suggestions?
We welcome your comments so please send an email by clicking on the link firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our office at (410) 706-6943 or stop by the Campus Center at 621 W. Lombard St., Suite 002 Lower Level, Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm. The UMB One Card Team is here to provide a safe, convenient and efficient service to the Campus Community. If you have a Business or Service you think may be interested in using our Card, please give us a call.